Welcome to Yeadon Sailing Club
COVID-19 Update 22nd May 2020
Following an open meeting it has been decided to update the YSC Covid restrictions as follows:
Due to the Leeds City Council advice being ‘Stay Safe’, sailing is still not allowed for now. However it has been agreed that the membership should have access to the dinghy park as long as Social distancing is applied at all times.
The following conditions apply:
- The dinghy park would be open for members to carry out boat repairs and boat space tidying.
- All members must bring their own tools and equipment.
- Social distancing rules apply and if it is too busy to maintain the 2 meter rule then you should leave.
- If the car park is too busy to park without leaving appropriate space then please leave it until a less busy time.
- There will be no access to the containers.
- The clubhouse will remain closed and should only be accessed in the case of an emergency (eg First aid). The kitchen and toilets should not be used.
- Anyone coming in and out of the grounds must wipe down any surfaces they touch with their own disinfectant both before and after use – This specifically includes the gates and locks.
- Anyone who uses the club should have paid their membership fees to ensure they are club members so are fully insured. (Options are available for those affected by the situation – Please contact the committee to discuss further here)
We would like to remind anyone in a vulnerable category that they are advised to avoid contact with anyone outside of their immediate household and should not visit at all. It would also be appreciated if children did not visit.
Thank you for your patience at this time. Other clubs have been able to start booking in sailing slots however they are mostly clubs that have their own grounds. At Yeadon we would have to be sure our launching and landing area is clear which would be difficult to control at this time.
The situation is being reviewed regularly and further announcements will be made as things change.
Please stay safe and healthy!
Yeadon Sailing Club